Friday, July 24, 2009

20 Things I Would Love to Say


The most recent meme to resurface is the “20 Things I Would Love To Say” meme. You make a list of things you wish you could say to someone, but you don’t name names. The readers then either join in with their own lists of anonymous statements, or spend the rest of their day trying to figure out who the blogger was referring to, wondering if it was them. Passive-aggression at its worst, no? This can be fun, but it also carries the potential of turning really snarky and mean-spirited. I’ve decided to play along, with the disclaimer that if you’re reading this, I might very well be talking about you. (Thanks Steph!)


1. We're my favorite "us".


2. I know you lurk on my blogs thinking that I don't know you're reading them. I just want you to know that despite the fact that I think that you need to grow up and stop acting like such a brat, I really love and admire you. I always have, and I always will.


3. Your ability to look inside yourself and clean out the old stuff that was holding you back from reaching your potential has been such an inspiration to me! Your steadfast friendship, even when faced with rejection, means more to me than you can ever know. Thank you. (And keep on playing that recorder! I think you've found your niche!)


4. Finding you again, after so many years, has been a joy. Please know that you are always loved. (And purple has always suited you perfectly.)


5. Even when we don't speak to one another for several days or even weeks, I always know you're there. You've always been by my side to offer encouragement, love, and even a shoulder to cry on when I needed it. You've loved and cared for me, even when you didn't understand. Your gentle, humble, spirit has always been a comfort and inspiration to me, even when we were children. I have always loved you, and I always will.


6. Who would have thought that after over twenty-five years, that you would emerge to become one of the most important and dearest people in my life? I so love our Saturday/Sunday morning Facebook chats and I can't WAIT until we get there and can hug you in person! (And I think your girl is THE BOMB!)


7. You have your place in my life. Yes, there were some good times, and I will always remember them fondly, but I really don't want to be friends. Friendship with you carries too many expectations and a lot of old baggage. I'm no longer the person you knew, and I don't want to go back there again. I hope you find happiness in your life. I really do.


8. I love your blog. I love the subjects you choose to write about. I like the music you like and I love all your "favorite things". And Libras are totally COOL!


9. I wish we could have known each other better when we were in high school. I always admired you, and the oboe has always been one of my favorite instruments.


10. I hope that one day you will come back to the blogosphere. I understand how emotionally draining a divorce is, but we miss you.


11. I have a really hard time understanding disloyalty. What did I ever do to you to deserve such a stab in the back?


12. I hope to visit you in Scotland one day, very soon. (I love your taste in music, BTW!)


13. One day you will come to understand that your self worth doesn't reside in fame nor in brushing up against fame. Your worth comes from deep inside you, from the person you are and will become. You are valuable because you bring a unique perspective into this mix we refer to as "humanity". Know and be secure in that.


14. Have I told you lately how proud I am of you?


15. I hope that one day you will realize how many friends you have, and just how much they love you.


16. What would I do without you? Just don't be surprised when you wake up one morning and find that little yellow slug bug sitting in your driveway.


17. Condoms in an empty Marlboro box???


18. I'll always be grateful to you for coming to my defense in the forum. Hopefully it won't be long before we meet again in Salzburg!


19. I feel a trip to Disneyland is in order.


20. I always knew you'd find that little boy again!

2 comments :