Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Meeeooow Moment


To really understand where I'm coming from, you have to understand how Mozart "fans" can be. I'm not talking about the real Mozart musicians, lovers, or historians--I'm talking about Mozart FANS. You see, Mozart fans are among the craziest, most fanatical kinds of fans out there and if you deviate from the person who they believe Mozart was, (most generally the Mozart that his widow, Constanze, and her second husband, Georg Nissen, created) then you're some kind of an evil person who robs children of their innocence and you must be censored and even more, wiped off the face of the planet.


SOOOO...

All of that was to introduce you to my little French stalker, a woman who fancies herself a Mozart historian and an expert on Nancy Storace. She has said for years that she is writing a book about Nancy, but I've yet to hear any news of it. (The poor dear got married several years back and it seems to have killed her ambitions.) She has hated me for going on 10 years now, for what reasons, I really don't know. Anyway, since I announced back in January that I was writing a novel based on the love story of Nancy and Mozart, she has been literally crawling my blogs trying to get any information that she can. In April, when I created a blog where I post the chapters of the novel once a week and invite certain people to read and offer their critique, etc. (it's invitation only and it is not cached, so googlebots can't scan it) she has tried several times to get in through back doors, only to find that there are no back doors. A couple of weeks ago as I skimmed through my site meters, I noticed that it had been a while since she had checked anything out, but now that I've announced that I'm publishing So Faithful a Heart in the next few weeks through Lulu.com, she has been back again.

To my dear little French friend: I'm glad that you're so excited to read my book! But unfortunately you will have to wait until it's released and you can purchase a copy for yourself. And if you'll send me your copy, sweetie, I'll be most happy to autograph it for you! Meeeeeeoooooooowwww!

1 comment :