Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Year in Review Meme


 I got this from my sweetie over on The Incurable Insomniac.


1.  Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think that my resolution (although not formally declared), was to start and finish my book. Not only did I accomplish that, but I published it as well!

2.  Did anyone close to you give birth?
Steph gave birth to a great new idea for a new novel! Does that count?

3.  Did anyone close to you die?
My ninety-seven-year-old grandmother died in May .

4.  What countries did you visit?
Through writing So Faithful a Heart, I visited Vienna, Austria almost daily.

5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Money!  <-------What Steph said!

6.  What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The writing and publishing of So Faithful a Heart (which is now on Amazon). I'm still pinching myself to make sure that I'm not dreaming.

7.  What was your biggest failure?
I don't like to think in terms of success or failure. I strive to do my best in all things. Sometimes things work out and sometimes they don't.

8.  What was the best thing you bought?
The first pedicure of the season, last spring. Getting a pedicure is one of my favorite personal luxuries.

9.  Whose behavior merited celebration?
Steph, Joel, Micah and Heather's for pulling together when it came time for us to move.

10.  Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Certain members of my immediate family of origin.

11.  Where did most of your money go?
Rent and utilities.

12.  What did you get really excited about?
Holding my published book in my hands for the first time. I'll never forget the feeling.

13.  What song will always remind you of 2009?
Handel's aria Lascia ch'io pianga, from his opera, "Rinaldo".

14.  Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Much, much happier.

15.  Thinner or fatter?
Fatter. I'm in the throes of menopause. It's depressing.

16.  Richer or poorer?
Poorer financially, but richer in every other way.

17.  What do you wish you'd done more of?
I didn't have time to do much more of anything.

18.  What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying.

19.  How did you spend Christmas?
We had a great little Christmas with our imediate family.

20.  Did you fall in love in 2009?
Over and over again!

21.  What was your favorite TV program?
We no longer watch TV and I'm glad. I was able to really enjoy the Holidays without all the marketing and hype, and not watching the news has greatly contributed to my current peace of mind. <---What Steph said.

22.  Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a waste of precious energy and hurts no one but the hater. Give it up. <---What Steph said.

23.  What was the best book you read?
I spent so much time writing my own book that I've really not read a whole lot this year. I started Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert but I'm having a hard time getting into it.

24.  What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oh most definitely Mozart's Piano and Violin Sonatas. We have a CD of them that I had hardly listened to until we started painting this house. I listened to that CD while painting and I literally fell in love with them!

25.  What did you want and get?
When I found out that this little cottage had gone up for lease, I wanted it so much I would drive by it every day on my way to work just to look at it again. I was ecstatic when I found out that we got it!

26.  What did you want and not get?
I wanted to sell my Mozartiana last Fall. Hasn't happened yet, but it will soon, I'm sure. Just waiting on the economy to improve.  <---What Steph said.

27.  What were your favorite films of this year?
Probably The Duchess. (I know it came out in 2008, but I didn't see it until 2009) It was an historical fiction that took place in England during the late 18th century, the same time period in which my novel is set. There were some intriguing similarities.

28.  What did you do on your birthday?
I honestly don't remember. We were in the throes of moving then.

29.  How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Early I-need-to-get-a-new-wardrobe-but-I-can't-afford-new-clothes.

30.  What kept you sane?
Steph's love, support, and encouragement. Going for and reaching my goals.

31.  Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
President Obama.

32.  What political issue stirred you the most?
Health care, Gay rights.

33.  Who did you miss?
My brother, Monte.

34.  Who was the best new person you met?
Lori H. - a lady I actually met through an online political action group during the 2008 presidential campaign but got to be good friends with on Facebook over this last year.

35.  Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Don't worry. Let it flow. Surrender. Forgive.  <----What Steph said.

36.  Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

With a little luck we can help it out
We can make this whole damn thing work out.
With a little love we can lay it down
Can't you feel the town exploding.
There is no end to what we can do together
There is no end.
The willow turns his back on inclement weather
And if he can do it we can do it
Just me and you.

And a little luck we can clear it up
We can bring it in for a landing.
With a rittle luck we can turn it on
There can be no misunderstanding.
There is no end to what we can do together

With a little push we could set it off
We can send it rocketing skywards.
With a little love we could shake it up
Don't you feel the comet exploding.

 

1 comment :