Saturday, April 19, 2014

Celebrating Music, Celebrating Humanity, Celebrating Life


Growing up Baptist, I missed so much of the incredibly beautiful and meaningful music associated with this season of the year because Baptists avoided anything that was too liturgical. It wasn't until I sang this piece with the Stillwater Chamber Singers several years ago did I realize how truly magnificent it is.

I no longer celebrate the religious aspect of this season, preferring to celebrate it in a fashion that reflects its pagan origins of fertility and rebirth, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate its significance to others and to western history and culture. Happy Easter to all my friends, however you celebrate it, or not.


Pergolesi's magnificent Stabat Mater for Soprano & Alto

1 comment :

  1. Lovely composition indeed. Sadly, I have the time to listen to it all, but it is marked with my Youtube 'to watch' list!

    ReplyDelete