Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What a difference a day and a tender reminder make


Last night I was able to sit down and have a long discussion with Steph about what is happening to me through the writing of this book. I got down to the bottom of the fears and anxieties that I have been experiencing over it, my discomfort with the emotions it seems to be bringing forth from me and my insecurities over those. She listened and assured me that although I had to go into this alone and that there was no way to shield myself nor could she shield me from the pain, that she would be there when I came out and that she would love me as she always has, perhaps even more.

I can't adequately express what a difference her gentle assurance and reminder of her love made for me. It was all I needed.

1 comment :