Tuesday, April 21, 2009
High School Meme
I found this on Steph's blog and decided to play along. I wish that I had one of my senior portraits to upload, but I don't, so I'll try and find a picture of my old school to post.
1. Did you date someone from your school senior year?
Yes. His name was Eddie Bundy and he graduated the year before I did.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
3. Did you car pool to school?
My freshman and sophomore years I carpooled with the kids across the road, but starting my junior year, I had a car so I drove both my brother and me.
4. What kind of car did you drive?
I had a 1976 yellow Dodge Colt.
5. What kind of car do you have now?
I have a 1996 Nissan Quest.
6. It's Friday night... where were you (in high school)?
In the fall I was playing in the band at the football games. In the spring, I was usually performing with the Madrigal somewhere.
7. It is Friday night... where are you (now)?
At home with Steph.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
I worked in a tuxedo shop, as well as for my dad in his veterinary clinic.
9. What kind of job do you do now?
I am a secretary/receptionist at a local real estate office and I teach private voice and piano.
10. Were you a party animal?
By no means. I was a good little Southern Baptist girl. I was very serious.
11. Were you considered a flirt?
Not at all. I was all about music and friends.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
I played the baritone horn in marching band and the bassoon in the concert band as well as the orchestra. I also sang in the Concert Choir (2nd Soprano), as well as the Madrigal (2nd Soprano).
13. Were you a nerd?
I was considered a "music nerd".
14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
Never. I was a very good girl.
15. Can you sing the fight song?
Stillwater High united,
We'll never, never fail you,
victory will be ours (Rah! Rah! Rah!)
Our school we will love forever,
True to the Bronze & Blue
March on you Pioneers for SHS!
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?
Steve Maison-Concert Choir, Madrigal
Charles Chessmore-Honors English
Ted Waterfall-American History
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
I usually went off campus for lunch.
18. What was your school's full name?
Then it was C.E. Donart High School. It was offcially changed to Stillwater High School several years after I graduated.
19. When did you graduate?
20. What was your school mascot?
We were the Pioneers and our mascot was a covered wagon.
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Some of it I would. I loved the years with the Concert Choir and the Madrigal. I also loved performing and having leads in the musicals. (We did "The King & I" my junior year and "Guys & Dolls" my senior year.)
22. Did you have fun at Prom?
I went to the prom every year and had a great time!
23. Do you still talk to your prom date?
My junior and senior years I went to the prom with Eddie. I haven't seen him in nearly 15 years--not since his mom's funeral. One of my prom dates is now married to one of my best friends from high school and we do email one another once in a blue moon.
24. Who was your best friend?
Debi Butler--the "Frick" to my "Frack".
25. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A Broadway star!
26. Any regrets?
I wish I'd listened to my heart and done what I wanted to do instead of trying to please everyone else.
27. Biggest fashion mistake?
Double knit anything! YUK!
28. Favorite fashion trend?
I loved the large-legged, high-waisted trousers with the pleated tuxedo shirts. I really got into the whole tailored menswear look for women.
29. Are you going to your next reunion?
I'd like to.
30. Who did you have a secret crush on?
No one really. I was very picky.
31. Did you go on spring break?
In 1976 I went with my church youth choir to Washington D.C. for the Bicentennial celebrations. That was a lot of fun!