Sunday, February 21, 2010

I am a part of it all


I look all around me and I am always amazed at the things there are to learn. God reveals himself through his creation--through plants & animals, through people, through the cosmos, through the arts & sciences, and through reason & philosophy. To claim that truth can only be found in one source, in one belief, in one religion, in one philosophy is to deny the vastness and inconceivable nature of The Creator, and to me is the ultimate blasphemy. We cannot put God in a box. The more I know of the universe around me, the more I know myself, and the more I know God. What a comfort to know that I am not separate from creation, that I am a part of it, and because I am a part of it, no matter what religions tell me, I am not separated from God, nor have I ever been. No man-made doctrine will ever change that truth.

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God. ~Albert Einstein



No comments :

Post a Comment